Please make sure you are up to date with the current SYFA COVID 19 guidelines:
Notification of Results
When notifying results I only need the Home team to text me. Please do so before 6pm on a Saturday and 9pm for midweek games eg:
· 2007, league game, division 1/2/3, Home Team 1 v 1 Away Team
This will make it easier for me to update the league standings
WEST REGION - REMEMBER TO TEXT RESULT OR IF POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER TO BOTH THE LEAGUE AND THE WEST REGION (PETER GLANCEY) ASAP, IDEALLY ON THE DAY YOU FIND OUT AS THIS HAS AN IMPACT ON THE FOLLOWING WEEKS FIXTURES.
Can I remind ALL teams it's their responsibility to inform the league if your game is cancelled due to the weather ASAP especially if it’s a cup game as these take priority over league matches. In cup games even if you are the away team can you let me know as you may not be playing a team from our league and I won't find out!
As per the League constitution, the home team should contact the away team a minimum of 72 hours before a fixture to confirm arrangements. In practice, this means by Tuesday evening before the game on Saturday.
- Fixtures must be played as listed.
- Any team altering a fixture without approval of the Match Secretary will be cited to a Disciplinary Meeting.
- A late call off will be treated as an unfulfilled fixture and the team involved will be cited a Disciplinary Meeting.
- All midweek fixtures are shown as played on a Wednesday. You are however able to play any night Monday to Thursday, depending on when home team can get a pitch booked. Home team has to give away team the appropriate notice as outlined in the constitution.
All teams are allowed to request three cancellations per season. The deadline for cancellations 11am for morning teams and 3pm for afternoon teams, the Saturday previous to the fixture you have to text me the request at least seven days in advance of the fixture.